Thursday, October 9, 2008

Getting a grip...

on the medication schedule, and managing to feed him what's getting to be close to a normal amount of food. Unfortunately, through the night, he developed a really stuffy nose - whether it's from the passage of the medications through the eye to the mouth, or if it's leftover from the previous sinus infection before the surgery, or if it's a new herpes attack because of all the stress this week - WHATEVER the cause, the outcome is that he's absolutely miserable. He takes a bite, has to sniff to swallow it. It does not appear to be the customary herpes snorting. I called today and got a prescription for the same antibiotic they had given him prior to the surgery - zithromax. Unfortunately, I had them call it in to Walgreen's, not knowing that they 1) don't deliver and 2) close at 10:00. At 7:00, I went out and got in the car to go pick up the prescription and more Fancy Feast, because we're out of the last of Dian's Homemade Raw - and once again, got no further than the stop sign at the corner when the power steering started to shriek again. I made three right turns and ended up back in the driveway. Rege wasn't home, there was no way to contact him, and no one to go pick up the medicine. I looked in the garage, where there was no visible bottle of anything labeled power steering fluid. I SHOULD have taken the car somewhere on Wednesday. Well, yes, I SHOULD have, but I had other things on my mind and it never occurred to me. So what do I do with it tomorrow? I have to get the pills picked up, and we need milk and bread and light bulbs. Maybe I can borrow some fluid, drive to the drugstore and the grocery store and then to the Dodge dealership, and ask them to bring me and my groceries home? Why didn't it occur to me before Walgreen's closed to transfer the prescription to CVS, which is closer, cheaper, and open 24 hours? Well, WHY???

What I can't stand here is that I try so hard to do stuff right for the cats, and somehow, it never quite works out.

Okay, Mr. Wonderful came home. Had a little more power steering fluid, put it in the car, ranted about why I haven't gotten the stuff fixed in the last two days - SICK CAT! SICK CAT! - and now, the automotive shrieking is stopped, at least for tonight. The human shrieking also, thank goodness, lol. Now, as long as I can get down the road to the stores tomorrow morning, then maybe I can go and fling myself on the mercies of the Dodge dealership and they'll figure out what's wrong. (Is it odd that the oil and the power steering fluid have BOTH disappeared at the same time in a car with only 21,000 miles on it? Got me.)

Have to go and tell Jojo that I don't need her BF's "toe truck."

No comments: