Thursday, July 19, 2007

Or NOT using R......

Well, after the last three days of surprisingly low numbers at surprisingly early times, I got to wondering if maybe Scruffy and Levemir were telling me that he didn't need the R any more. (He could have been shrieking "Just give me 1/4 unit instead of 1/2!", of course. Who knows?) At any rate, it seemed like an experiment that was worth trying. I did give him very "thin" 1/2 units for the last two R shots, and he still ended up lower than I want him to be.

On 7/18, the first morning without R, he zipped right up to the 400's. I was gone almost all day, but when I got back, he was in the mid-250's at +12, which isn't so bad. So Part 2 is: today, 7/19, I'm going to increase the Levemir by 1/2 unit and see what happens. I had done 2 units a couple of times before and thought that it dropped him too abruptly, but now that he's gotten a week of pretty decent numbers under his belt, so to speak, maybe it'll be a good replacement for R. We'll see. I'm expecting at least one day of really crummy numbers, which is what happened in the past when I increased the Levemir.

No comments: