Saturday, March 22, 2008

Averages

Didn't much like last night's numbers, or this morning's, actually. My little furry person sat between 157 and 139 for 11 hours, which is not particularly great news. Things have been so good for the last two months that I have the nerve now to be unhappy with those numbers. Which are, in actuality, below the mystical "Renal Threshold", after all. How quickly we forget, I guess - all those years, not months, when not only did he never get out of the 300's, but I was terrified to give him one unit for fear he'd end up in the hospital again with DKA. That said, now that I've been spoiled by the good Levemir numbers, I feel I must insist to the Universe that they continue.

I'm fascinated by the averages now on my meter. I wish they'd print out here in a neater fashion, though. (They look straight, and then when they're posted, they zig-zag all over the place.) Never really paid any attention to all the extra stuff that this One Touch UltraSmart does, since most of it's for humans, like "#'s after exercise", etc. Scruffy's really not into exercise. There's a graphing function that I never could use before because all of his numbers were so high they wouldn't fit on the graph; now they not only FIT, they're all below the magical line!

Here are the averages for the "last three months" - don't know how precise that time frame is - it says "90 days", so I guess I'll assume that's what it is: (approximately 12/20/07-3/20/08)

# of tests ... Days ...... Average
42 .......... 7 .......... 105
89 .......... 14 .......... 109
180 .......... 30 .......... 135
359 .......... 60 .......... 174
524 .......... 90 .......... 201

Amazing.

No comments: