Sunday, July 26, 2009

"Inappropriate Elimination...."

or, a less emotionally-charged way of saying, Scruffy's peeing all over the house. I've added two more large cement-mixer litter boxes, and variety of cardboard boxes - love those priority mail packages! - as hopeful obstacles to his use of any of the six or seven target sites I know for sure he's used. (I hate to even contemplate how many other places he may have "visited." )

I am inclined to think that this is a behavioral thing, rather than an infection of some sort, mostly because 1) he's NEVER had a UTI, despite three blockages that required surgery years ago, and 2) I know he hates the kittens in the bedroom. And, if a good and loving and safe home for all five of the little sweeties would turn up tomorrow, I would let them go in a heartbeat, although it would kill me. But, for now, they're here and he's here and we can't have this "inappropriate elimination" thing going on. Period.

I made an appointment for him to have a cystocentesis tomorrow afternoon. I asked the technician if she knew if the vet DID them, and it became apparent that she didn't know what I was talking about. Scruffy is NOT fond of Dr. G. Scruffy is the proud possessor of The Massive Fluffy Tail That Must NEVER Be Touched. I don't know how this procedure is done, but I'm sort of hoping that it involves the use of anesthetic gas of some sort, for the sake of the well-being of all of those involved.....

One last sad thing - I think I will have to stop and buy another carrier this afternoon on my way to my mother's house. The only one I have that's big enough for Scruffy's tubby little body is the carrier that my sweet MommyKitty died in last week. I don't think I can use it, ever again. Even with Scruffy's own kitty pi inside. It's too painful a reminder of her loss, and I can't deal with it now. Or ever, probably.

This is my sweet MommyKitty, who will stay in my heart always. She should have lived a long and happy life, being cherished and loved.




I would sincerely appreciate three or four days without any sort of crisis, if anyone Up There is listening.

No comments: