Sunday, January 27, 2008

Not even a smidge of an idea what's going on here.


Lousy, stinky numbers again. I have been giving him 1.25u for the last day or two - I'd have to go back and look it up, but I think that that's about the highest amount of Levemir I've ever used, and it doesn't seem to providing either duration or effective glucose lowering. I don't think - well, unless it's dental-related - that there's anything wrong with him. He's behaving pretty much the same as always, for a somewhat tubby cat of unknown age. He bounces around when Burble chases him, he hops all over the cat trees, he acts perfectly normal, and he eats just like he always has. I do think that he probably needs his teeth done again - there is one in particular that I can see on quick - verrrry quick - inspection that has a little pocket of red at the bottom of it. And there's always the issue of the melanosis in his right eye, which I need to make an appointment with Dr. K, the ophthalmologist, in the very near future.

I'm discouraged. I like Levemir, but aside from the miraculous November Blessing Period, it really isn't doing much for him. On the other hand, neither is my standard half-unit of R, these days, either. So maybe there is something infectious going on. I wanted to get the fPLI done again, too, but I can't bear the thought of fasting him.

Nothing's ever simple.

No comments: